I’ll admit it – I’m completely obsessed with skincare. The only reason I’m not a dermatologist right now is because I can’t do math to save my life. I mean really, who needs math to understand skin? Whatever. That doesn’t stop me from experimenting with new skincare products allllll the time! Below is my list of favorites for combination/acne-prone skin. Enjoy!
1. Bobbi Brown BB Cream – By far the king of all skincare products. This stuff is like liquid gold. I can’t get enough! The coverage is just right – not too much, not too little – and it fades acne scars better than anything I’ve used so far. It is pricey but totally worth every cent. Plus, it lasts about three months.
2. Grandma’s Lye Soap – Grandma really does know best! For my nightly face wash, I keep it simple. Lye soap sounds kind of scary, but the results are amazing. It’s great for all skin types, even if you have eczema! This has really helped keep my acne-prone skin under control. Be aware, it does make you break out for a few days to a week at first as it purges all the gross stuff out. This company also makes Grandma’s Acne Bar. They both are great and work about the same. Check out a natural grocery or vitamin store near you!
3. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion – Acne sufferers, listen up! This stuff is unstoppable. Don’t let the name deceive you, though. This is way more powerful than a lotion ever thought of being. It’s really like spot treatment. Just dab a little on a pimple that’s just starting to form and BAM, it’s up to the surface the next day for you to pop. I know that popping pimples is frowned upon, but really, if you have a white thing on your face you gotta get rid of it – gently! This helps to do just that.
4. Murad Oil-Control Mattifier – If you have problems with oil like me, this product is a total must for summer. My skin can turn into liquid in the disgustingly hot Oklahoma summers, and nothing stops it faster than this stuff. Bonus – it has SPF! Keeping your forehead matte and preventing wrinkles at the same time is a win-win.
5. Campho-Phenique – You’re probably thinking “WTF” right now, but seriously this helps. You know when you just can’t stop yourself from picking a pimple…and it isn’t ready to be popped? If you get crazy like me, you end up looking like you have a small but legit wound on your face. Gross. Just slather the area in some good old campho over night, and you’ll be looking a lot better. It really helps to speed up the healing process and undo your damage!