If you know me, you know I’m a homebody who loves to travel. Yes, I realize this is a contradiction, but I’m Gemini. It’s just the way it is. I love being cozy at home and at the same time, slowly start going crazy if I don’t go on vacation twice a year. Lucky for me, I’ve not only been to Salt Lake City for my best friend’s wedding this year, but have also been in Florida for the past week for work! Admittedly, I was super anxious about going on my first business trip. After all, I haven’t slept alone since Worsham and I started dating 7 years ago. Should I be okay sleeping alone at 28? Probs. Am I? Debatable.
Here are a few of the things I brought with me to make my trip easier and more fun!
1. Salt Lamp Night Light – This is the goddess of all night lights. Given that I haven’t slept by myself in 4,000 years, this was a necessity. It’s usually in our kitchen, but this week it’s been in my hotel room. It’s just enough light to where you can tell your suitcase isn’t a serial killer watching you sleep, but not too much that it’s annoying.
2. Pacifica Deodorant Wipes – These are always in my purse regardless of the occasion. They are a must-have, especially after a long day of traveling. It’s great being able to freshen up a little bit in the bathroom at the airport. Pacifica recently came out with a new rose scent and it’s magical!
3. L-Theanine – Ride or die. ALWAYS. L-theanine is the best for stress and anxiety, which I was having a lot of before I got to Jacksonville this week. Solaray’s formulation is the best because it also contains green tea. If you’ve tried a different brand before and it didn’t work, TRY THIS ONE. You won’t regret it.
4. Thieves Hand Sanitizer – This needs no explanation. It’s the ultimate hand sanitizer and one of my favorite things that Young Living makes.
6. Crystals – If you’re going to be out of town for a while, you might as well make your hotel nightstand look cute with some crystals. They’re also great for meditation and helping you chill TF out. For this trip, I brought selenite, tiger’s eye, amazonite, amethyst, and chevron amethyst.
7. Yoga with Adriene – If you have a laptop and wifi, then you have access to Yoga with Adriene on YouTube! My chiropractor recommended her videos to me (shout out to Dr. Deb!) and I finally checked her out this week. She’s wonderful! Her workouts are an amazing way to end the night and her voice is super relaxing. I’ve been doing a video every day this week!
8. Dramamine – This is obvious, but don’t forget your Dramamine if you tend to get nauseated on flights sometimes. You never know when your ride will go from calm to bumpy. Such is life.
What are your travel essentials?