HAPPY OCTOBER!! It’s finally the best month of the year. It’s time for caramel apple cider, pumpkin everything, and non-stop Halloween movies/TV series. BTW, if you haven’t binged Castle Rock on Hulu yet, you need to immediately. It’s creepy without being overly so, is based on all things Stephen King, and has Bill Skarsgard in it. That’s all you need to know.
Below are some of my must-have fall beauty products this year!
1. Apple Cider Vinegar – This old $2 classic can’t be beat! Apple cider vinegar is not only great for your health, it’s great for your beauty routine. On days when my skin is really being a douchelord, I wet a cotton round and use a little ACV as a toner. You’ll smell like vinegar (obviously), but it’s super effective at killing any breakouts. In fact, it’s rumored to be one of Scarlett Johansson’s favorite skin care secrets.
ACV doesn’t just affect your internal health; it has also been shown to treat acne and reduce scarring. Certain strains of bacteria often contribute to the development of acne. Vinegar is well-known for its antibacterial properties and has been shown to be effective against many strains of harmful bacteria. ACV also contains specific components like acetic acid, lactic acid, succinic acid and citric acid, all of which have been shown to inhibit the growth of Propionibacterium acnes, the specific strain of bacteria responsible for causing acne. – Dr. Axe
2. Avalon Organics ACV Shampoo – Given my obsession with plain ACV, I couldn’t pass up this shampoo when I saw it at Sprouts last week! It smells like apples instead of vinegar and lathers up pretty well for an organic shampoo. It’s best on days when your hair is super greasy or has too much build up. When I first used it, I thought I’d hate it because my hair felt almost too clean and stripped of oils, but it looked and felt nice after it air dried.
3. MyChelle Dermaceuticals Pumpkin Peel – This is something I buy almost every fall! It literally smells like you’re putting pumpkin pie all over your face. It’s great for acne and post-acne scars. It does tingle a bit and make your face red at first, but don’t worry – it goes away.
After a summer of harsh sun exposure, a pumpkin peel presents a gentle, soothing and hydrating solution to improve the texture of your skin. Pumpkin is rich in vitamins A and C, beta-carotene, potassium, and zinc. It’s also loaded with antioxidants that help fight free radicals, as well as hydroxyl acids and natural enzymes that exfoliate and improve skin tone. If you have acne, a pumpkin peel is a great way to stimulate circulation and promote healing without the use of chemicals, which can irritate sensitive skin. The key ingredients in a pumpkin peel are formulated to penetrate deep into your pores to remove debris and dissolve dead skin cells, all while strengthening collagen beneath the skin’s surface and calming any existing flare-ups. – Siti Med Spa
4. Fitglow Beauty Lip Serum – THIS. IS. GOLD. If you want to treat yourself, splurge on this gorgeous lip serum. It’s totally organic and 500x better than any lip gloss you’ll ever use. The shade Nudie is all I’ve worn for the past two months. It’s not sticky, it’s plumping, and actually improves the condition of your lips over time. At $42 a tube, I wasn’t sure if it would be worth it, but it is and it will last you a long time.
…goes beyond just adding color and hydration to lips. The plant based gloss serum gently plumps without irritation. Organic pomegranate plant sterols, Beet Extract, Vegan Collagen, and antioxidants improve lip cell structure and health to diminish fine lines and leave lips full and soft. – Fitglow Beauty
5. Further Body Lotion – This is one of my favorite lotions for the entire year, not just fall. It’s a blend of geranium, lime, and cedarwood. It’s more on the masculine side, which I love! I can’t find the right link for it, but they have a few different scents available at Sprouts.
What are your fall beauty must-haves?