Aside from sleeping, bathing is my favorite activity on this earth. It’s sacred, it requires basically no effort, and lets your mind shut down without being unconscious. It’s even better if you have a jetted tub, which was one of my major must-haves when we were house hunting. I’ll never live without a jetted tub again. Even if you don’t have jets, you can still make your bath time more magical. Here are some of the best products to elevate your bath game.
1. Bath Pillow – YES. Baths and pillows? The ultimate combination. I’m not sure why it took me so long to purchase one because it is the greatest thing. I got this one on Amazon and love it.
2. JaxKelly Candles – I’m obsessed with literally everything from JaxKelly – from candles, to earrings, to sage. They have all the new age stuff your heart desires. Their candles are the BEST. They’re organic and have a cute little crystal hidden inside. So far, my favorites are the blue chalcedony and rose quartz candles.
3. Crystals – Speaking of crystals, you need them. Even if you don’t believe in all the woo woo surrounding crystals’ healing properties, there’s no denying that chilling in a bath surrounded by crystals and candlelight is the meaning of life. I have several different ones from my JaxKelly candles (they also sell crystals by themselves), a giant quartz from my husband, an angel aura crystal from this Etsy shop, a rainbow pyramid, and an amethyst that my cousin brought back from Brazil. If you want to hear more about the science behind crystals, check out this episode from the Lively Show podcast.
4. Essential Oils – You already know, I love oils especially for my bath. That’s how I use them the most actually! Rose, lavender, geranium, and envision are constantly in my bath rotation. They instantly chill me out.
5. Epsom Salts – This is obvious BUT have you tried the eucalyptus spearmint Dr. Teal’s Epsom salts though? They smell heavenly and work really well. There’s nothing better than soaking in these and some essential oils after a stressful Monday at work. Plus, magnesium is good for you.
6. Succulents – Everyone needs a succulent in their bathroom. They’re super cute and super low maintenance. Worsham got me one for my birthday and it will forever remain in our bathroom window next to my candles and crystals.
7. Body Brush – I’m one of those people who has to have a body brush when I bathe. Sure, I’ll use a loofa every now and then, but nothing makes your skin feel better than a rough body brush and some shower gel. If you’re looking for one, check out Natural Grocers. I can’t remember what brand they carry, but it is amazing and great for promoting lymphatic drainage.